Monday, July 12, 2010



Earlier this year I went on a surf trip to Papua New Guinea, it was a great time over there. We went with PNG Surfaris. Our hosts Andrew and Jude were two of the absolute best people I've ever met in my life.

Anyhow, how's my hat in this picture...

While we were over there I got to show quite a few kids a bit of footbag, some really loved it. I was hoping to have some to give away, but I didn't get organised in time. After Nationals I teamed up with Lotus from Elemental Footbags to send a whole bunch up there.

I just got an email from Jude, of course being on the boat so regularly it would be hard to keep in touch with people. It was really nice to hear from them though.

Hi Daniel,

How are you?

I have been meaning to email to thank-you for the footbags!! I am debating on how to give these out to folk as I don’t think I can do the sport justice. But was thinking it would be a great thing for the new Surf Club at Ungalik.

As I remember you were showing them on the beach at the sing sing that night.

Anyway, THANKS for going to the effort to get them up here.

How are things with you anyway?

Say Hi to your dad and Alison.

Cheers,

Jude

P.S I think you may need to come back for some serious footbag training before we get a PNG champ!

PNG Frontier Surfaris - PNG Explorer



Here's a short video, not many tricks, it's from on the boat near the island of Emirau, a couple of the kids had a go themselves.





No comments: